|All models (steam cleaners, pressure washers, and combination cleaners) can be built to explosion-proof specifications. Explosion-proof units are designed for use in hazardous and potentially volatile environments where safety is critical. |
In addition to meeting the All-Electric standards above, Sioux explosion-proof models are also ETL certified to UL-1203, "Explosion-Proof and Dust Ignition-Proof Electrical Equipment for use in Hazardous (Classified) Locations," and Canadian CSA C-22.2 No. 30-92.
Optional Galvanized Frame with Optional Skid Mount
|Class I Flammable Gases or Vapors
- Division 1 Concentrations of Gases or Vapors exist under normal operating conditions.
- Division 2 Concentration of Gases or Vapors are normally prevented.
- Group C Atmospheres such as Cyclopropane, Ethyl Ether, Ethylene, or gases or vapors equivalent in hazard.
- Note: Equipment must be special ordered with Group C motor.
- Group D Atmospheres such as Acetone, Alcohol, Ammonia, Benzene, Benzol, Butane, Gasoline, Hexane, Lacquer solvents, Naphtha, Natural Gas, Propane, or gases or vapors equivalent in hazard.
All models (steam cleaners, hot pressure washers, and combination units) with the explosion-proof option meet Class I, Division 1 and 2, Group C and D.
Class II Explosive Dusts
- Division 1 Explosive dusts exist under normal operating conditions.
- Division 2 Explosive dusts are normally prevented.
- Group E Atmospheres containing metal dust and other combustible dusts including aluminum, magnesium, and their commercial alloys, and other metals of similarly hazardous conditions.
Note: Not appropriate for atmospheres containing Uranium, Thorium, or Zirconium dust.
- Group F Carbon black, charcoal, coal, or coke and similar materials.
Only hot pressure washers with the explosion-proof option will meet requirement for Class II, Division 1 and 2, Group E and F.
|Sioux’s All-electric steam cleaners, pressure washers and combination cleaners are ideal for indoor/outdoor use, and in potentially hazardous environments. Unlike fuel-fired machines, Sioux’s All-electric line produces no fumes, exhaust or open flames.
This makes our cleaners well suited for indoor applications and enclosed spaces where air quality is a concern. Sioux’s entire line of All-Electric steam cleaners are ETL listed, providing third-party certification to UL-1776 standard, "High Pressure Cleaning Machines;" and the Canadian Standards Association CSA C-22.2 No. 68-92 standard, "Motor-Operated Appliances, Commercial."
This equipment meets the U.S. and Canadian National Electric Codes and complies with OSHA Regulation 1910.303(a).
To operate, just connect the cleaner to your plant 3-phase electrical source and water supply.
|Electrical system includes water-tight NEMA 4 enclosures, internal branch circuit fusing and components that meet NEC standards. Motor starters have thermal protection, and switches and indicator lights are oil-tight.
Flanged heating element is constructed of Incology® sheathed element rods, enclosed in a flanged, hydrostatically-tested housing. The flanged heating units are used on all H4 and H8 cleaners operating below 1,200 PSI.
High pressure H8 cleaners (1,200 PSI through 3,000 PSI) are equipped with the new encapsulated heating element to reduce weight and offer better stability.
Advanced temperature control system (optional) allows users to select an exact temperature for optimum cleaning efficiency.
Cleaning nozzles: Our steam cleaners are equipped with one steam nozzle. Hot/cold pressure washers include three wash tips for a variety of cleaning applications; combination cleaners include one steam nozzle and three wash tips.
Hose reel (optional) provides convenient hose storage. Reel attaches to standard bracket furnished on all cleaners.
Finish is baked-on alkyd primer with enamel paint for a durable, long-lasting finish.
Detergent delivery system includes chemical siphoning injector and a solution shut-off valve.
Machine disconnect switch (optional) allows users to shut off power at the machine for safer servicing.
Frame design allows convenient access to internal components for fast and easy maintenance.
- Frames are the most rugged in the industry. Heavy-duty welded steel construction offers years of worry-free service.
- All components are protected within the frame, and controls are protected by a guard.
- Dual; lifting eyes provide balanced hoisting for increased user safety.
- Heavy-duty gun, hose and power cord racks provide safe, convenient storage; protect these components from damage, and eliminate a tripping hazard.
- Mounting options include casters, skid or stationary, depending on your application.
Discharge hose is high pressure type, and includes fittings. Steam cleaners and combination cleaners include 25' of hose; hot/cold pressure washers include 50' of hose.
Tanks (inlet water float and detergent) are stainless steel to prevent rust, and include valves to prevent overflow and backflow.
Shut-off gun stops hot water or steam discharge when the trigger is released. This feature increases operator safety and reduces energy and water usage. Shut-off guns are standard on pressure washers. An optional shut-off gun is available for steam cleaners and combination units.
Water pump motor is totally enclosed, fan cooled with thermal overload protection. Motor is V-belt driven.
Water pumps are a ceramic multi-+plunger type with forged bronze heads, positive displacement, and are oil-bath lubricated with stainless steel valves.
Water system features an anti-siphoning valve to prevent detergent from getting into the water supply. System includes fine mesh strainers, and replaceable detergent and water lines for easy servicing.
Additional standard features include high temperature limit switch, pressure relief valve and glycerin-filled gauge.